Coconut water is an all natural alternative to water, sports drinks, and sodas. For thousands of years, coconut water has been a staple for people living in countries where coconuts grow naturally.
Now, because coconut water can be bottled at the source, you can enjoy its benefits each and every time you exercise.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of coconut water.
- What Happens When You Exercise?
- How Does Coconut Water Benefit You During Exercise?
- Can PHENOMTM Coconut Water Provide Additional Benefits During Exercise?
What Happens When You Exercise?
When you exercise, your body works a lot like a machine. First, with the help of your energy source, ATP, your muscles begin to move in order to create motion.
Your moving muscles make demands on other parts of your body, including your heart, which starts beating faster to pump more blood into your muscles. Meanwhile, your nerves, blood vessels, lungs, and skin also respond to your muscular movements.
All of this motion causes your body to heat up, so its natural cooling system kicks on. In order to maintain a normal body temperature, your body releases sweat through glands on your skin. This sweat evaporates quickly, causing a cooling effect on your skin.
But what is sweat exactly?
Sweat is composed of water and dissolved nutrients, including potassium and sodium. These nutrients are part of a network of essential electrolytes that your body requires to properly function.
The loss of these electrolytes through sweat can cause you to become dehydrated and fatigued. So it’s important to replenish these electrolytes during and after exercise.
Read on to learn how coconut water can help you repair your body during exercise.
How Does Coconut Water Benefit You During Exercise?
Coconut water is an all natural isotonic beverage, meaning its rich in minerals your body needs to replenish during and after physical activity.
Coconut water is especially rich in potassium and sodium electrolytes, which are the main electrolytes lost when you sweat. Coconut water also contains:
Its rich electrolyte content makes coconut water one of the best drinks you can consume while working out.
Additionally, coconut water contains essential vitamins, including vitamin C and B vitamins.
Vitamin C works to boost your immunity. When you workout, you can become fatigued more easily.
Read on to learn about PHENOMTM Coconut Water and its additional vitamin and mineral boosts that make it even better than traditional coconut water.
Can PHENOMTM Coconut Water Provide Additional Benefits During Exercise?
PHENOMTM Coconut Water is a revolutionary new line of coconut water products developed jointly by GNC and PepsiCo.
PHENOMTM is a breakthrough in coconut water beverages because it features formulas “boosted” with GNC’s premium vitamins. It takes the refreshing water from deep within the coconut, and adds nourishing vitamins and replenishing electrolytes for “PHENOMenally” healthy hydration.
PHENOMTM Coconut Water is available in 7 refreshing varieties, which offer even more benefits to your body than traditional coconut water.
PHENOMTM’s varieties include:
- PHENOMTM HYDRO, an unflavored 100% natural coconut water enhanced with an electrolyte boost that promotes rapid hydration.
- PHENOMTM MEGA V, a 100% natural coconut water beverage fortified with premium vitamins and minerals to support health and well-being, including 100% of the RDA of Vitamin C plus Calcium, Vitamin B, and more. MEGA V is also available in 3 flavor variants - Unflavored, Orange Guava Passion, and Pineapple Punch.
- PHENOMTM ANTIOX, a 100% natural coconut water beverage boosted with antioxidants to help protect against cell damage, and fortified with premium vitamins and minerals to support health and well-being, including 150% of the RDA of Vitamin C plus Calcium, Vitamin B, and more. ANTIOX is available in Blueberry Pomme flavor.
- PHENOMTM ENERGY, a 100% natural coconut water beverage enhanced with B vitamins for energy production and caffeine and other energizing ingredients to boost physical energy metabolism. ENERGY is fortified with premium ingredients to support health and well-being, including 100% of the RDA of Vitamin C, Vitamin B-12, and Niacin plus Calcium, Vitamin E, and more. ENERGY is available in 2 flavors - Acai Peach and Lemon Mojito.
And just like traditional coconut water, PHENOMTM contains no artificial flavors, preservatives or added sugars, is low in calories and contains zero cholesterol.
How does coconut water benefit you during exercise? Comment below!