Though its beneficial to your body, working out causes you to spend your body’s energy supply and lose necessary nutrients through your sweat. This can cause your body to feel tired and weak.
That is, unless you properly recover post workout.
It’s important to replenish your body with the help of a recovery drink.
Read on to learn more about what happens when you work out and how a post workout recovery drink like coconut water can help.
- What Happens to Your Body When You Workout?
- Is Coconut Water a Good Post Workout Recovery Drink?
- Can PHENOM Coconut Water Provide Additional Benefits Post Workout?
What Happens to Your Body When You Work Out?
In order to work out, you have to move your muscles, which then create motion. Whether running or weightlifting, you use your muscles in different ways with the help of your energy source, ATP.
Your moving muscles make demands on other parts of your body, including your heart, which starts beating faster to pump more blood into your muscles. Meanwhile, your nerves, blood vessels, lungs, and skin also respond to your muscular movements.
All of this motion causes your body to heat up, and much like a machine, its natural cooling system kicks on. In order to maintain a normal body temperature, your body releases sweat through glands on your skin. This sweat evaporates quickly, causing a cooling effect on your skin.
Sweat is composed of water and dissolved nutrients, including potassium and sodium. These nutrients are part of a network of essential electrolytes that your body requires to properly function.
The loss of these electrolytes through sweat can cause you to become dehydrated and fatigued, making it important to replenish these electrolytes during and after your workout.
Read on to learn how coconut water is one of the best post workout recovery drinks for you.
Is Coconut Water a Good Post Workout Recovery Drink?
Coconut water is an all natural isotonic beverage, which means it’s rich in minerals your body needs to rehydrate after a tough workout.
Coconut water is especially rich in 5 essential electrolytes that your body requires for proper recovery after sweat loss.
These electrolytes include:
Its rich electrolyte content makes coconut water one of the best drinks you can consume post workout.
Best of all, coconut water also contains a rich vitamin content, specifically vitamin C and B vitamins.
Read on to learn about PHENOM Coconut Water and its additional vitamin and mineral boosts that make it an even better post workout recovery drink than traditional coconut water.
Can PHENOM Coconut Water Provide Additional Benefits Post Workout?
PHENOM Coconut Water is a revolutionary new line of coconut water products developed jointly by GNC, the leader in nutrition, and PepsiCo, the leader in beverages.
PHENOM is a breakthrough in coconut water beverages because it features formulas “boosted” with GNC’s premium vitamins. It takes the refreshing water from deep within the coconut, and adds nourishing vitamins and replenishing electrolytes for “PHENOMenally” healthy hydration.
PHENOM Coconut Water is available in 7 refreshing varieties, which offer even more benefits to your body than traditional coconut water.
PHENOM’s varieties include:
- PHENOM™ HYDRO, an unflavored 100% natural coconut water enhanced with an electrolyte boost that promotes rapid hydration.
- PHENOM™ MEGA V, a 100% natural coconut water beverage fortified with premium vitamins and minerals to support health and well-being, including 100% of the RDA of Vitamin C plus Calcium, Vitamin B, and more. MEGA V is also available in 3 flavor variants - Unflavored, Orange Guava Passion, and Pineapple Punch.
- PHENOM™ ANTIOX, a 100% natural coconut water beverage boosted with antioxidants to help protect against cell damage, and fortified with premium vitamins and minerals to support health and well-being, including 150% of the RDA of Vitamin C plus Calcium, Vitamin B, and more. ANTIOX is available in Blueberry Pomme flavor.
- PHENOM™ ENERGY, a 100% natural coconut water beverage enhanced with B vitamins for energy production and caffeine and other energizing ingredients to boost physical energy metabolism. ENERGY is fortified with premium ingredients to support health and well-being, including 100% of the RDA of Vitamin C, Vitamin B-12, and Niacin plus Calcium, Vitamin E, and more. ENERGY is available in 2 flavors - Acai Peach and Lemon Mojito.
And just like traditional coconut water, PHENOM contains no artificial flavors, preservatives or added sugars, is low in calories, and contains zero cholesterol.
What’s your favorite post workout recovery drink? Comment below!