Coconut water is an all natural alternative to water, sports drinks, and sodas. For years, coconut water has been a staple beverage for people in South East Asia, Africa, and the Pacific Islands. Now, because coconut water can be bottled at the source, you can enjoy its benefits almost anywhere, anytime.
Read on to learn about the many ways coconut water is good for you.
- What’s Good about Electrolytes?
- What’s Good about Vitamins?
- What else is Good about Coconut Water?
- What makes PHENOM Coconut Water Even Better?
What’s Good about Electrolytes?
Coconut water is good for you because it’s packed with essential electrolytes that your body needs to stay hydrated, energized and healthy.
Electrolytes are electrically charged ions. Their main role in your body is to help your cells maintain voltages across cell membranes and carry impulses to other cells throughout your body.
Your body contains high amounts of sodium chloride and potassium electrolytes. Other important electrolytes present in your body include:
When you sweat, you can lose large amounts of these electrolytes, and this is where coconut water comes into play. Coconut water contains a large amount of potassium (nearly twice as much as a banana) as well as sodium, magnesium, manganese, and calcium.
So, by drinking coconut water after you sweat, you can easily replenish your electrolyte count with just one serving.
That said, you don’t have to be working out to enjoy coconut water. Because it’s low in calories, fat-free and naturally sweetened, unlike other super hydrating sports recovery drinks, coconut water can be enjoyed anytime, by anyone.
What’s Good about Vitamins?
Coconut water is good for you because it’s rich in important vitamins that your body needs to maintain a healthy balance.
Coconut water contains a large amount of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps boost immunity. Other important vitamins in coconut water include:
- Vitamin B6, which helps our bodies produce amino acids needed to build protein. B6 also promotes metabolism and the creation of neurotransmitters.
- Riboflavin, or B2, which assists in the breakdown of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins.
- Thiamin, or B1, which maintains healthy nervous and circulatory systems.
Now that you know what’s good about the electrolytes and vitamins in coconut water, read on to find out more.
What else is Good about Coconut Water?
Coconut water is good for you because it’s rich in dietary fiber and makes an excellent diuretic. Together, these benefits of coconut water help you rid your body of harmful toxins.
In addition to benefiting your body internally, coconut water can also be added to shampoos, conditioners, and moisturizers to promote healthy hair, skin and nails.
What makes PHENOM™ Coconut Water Even Better?
PHENOM™ Coconut Water is a revolutionary new line of coconut water products developed jointly by GNC, the leader in nutrition and PepsiCo, the leader in beverages.
PHENOM™ is a breakthrough in coconut water beverages because it features formulas “boosted” with GNC’s premium vitamins. It takes the refreshing water from deep within the coconut, and adds nourishing vitamins and replenishing electrolytes for “PHENOMenally” healthy hydration.
PHENOM™ Coconut Water is available in seven refreshing varieties, including:
- HYDRO, an unflavored 100% natural coconut water enhanced with an electrolyte boost that promotes rapid hydration.
- MEGA V, a 100% natural coconut water beverage fortified with premium vitamins and minerals to support health and well-being, including 100% of the RDA of Vitamin C plus Calcium, Vitamin B, and more. MEGA V is also available in three flavor variants - Unflavored, Orange Guava Passion, and Pineapple Punch.
- ANTIOX, a 100% natural coconut water beverage boosted with antioxidants to help protect against cell damage, and fortified with premium vitamins and minerals to support health and well-being, including 150% of the RDA of Vitamin C plus Calcium, Vitamin B, and more. ANTIOX is available in Blueberry Pomme flavor.
- ENERGY, a 100% natural coconut water beverage enhanced with B vitamins for energy production and caffeine and other energizing ingredients to boost physical energy metabolism. ENERGY is fortified with premium ingredients to support health and well-being, including 100% of the RDA of Vitamin C, Vitamin B-12, and Niacin plus Calcium, Vitamin E, and more. ENERGY is available in two flavors - Acai Peach and Lemon Mojito.
And just like traditional coconut water, PHENOM™ contains no artificial flavors, preservatives or added sugars, is low in calories and contains zero cholesterol.
Why do you think coconut water is good for you? Comment below.